A very Happy New Year to all my blogging friends! Hope this year brings out the best in you!
It’s that time of the year when we all get down to make and hopefully fulfill our “New Year New Me” resolutions. I too plan on having an ambitious list of tasks that I know I’m not going to accomplish. But before we get planning my “This year’s plan”, let me see if I have fulfilled my last year’s!
To start off, I would like to tell you guys that this blog itself was something that I started in 2018! 😛
I had the draft laying dormant for the entire year; just the name and the greetings. And now in this new year, I’m finally writing it out. Well, now you must have a fair idea on how my other “resolutions” might have panned out 😛
So, my first resolution for this year to hopefully STOP PROCRASTINATING EVERYTHING!
Anyway here’s my last year’s list:
- Lose weight: I think this resolution should have an honourary mention in every Resolutions List ever! To be frank, I have lost a few pounds but not reached my goal yet. So I think this task gets continued into my 2019’s list as well. It’s been carried on for at least 3 years now! uff…
- Make exercise a habit: Hahaha no comments here. Just to be clear: Exercising regularly and losing weight are two completely different things… What I meant with this resolution was to choose a healthy lifestyle. Did I choose it? Well, not really. So this too gets carried forward in my this year’s list.
- Solo Trip: This did not happen. Apart from commuting for office to and fro, I haven’t gone anywhere Solo. So yes this gets into my “Things To Do in 2019” list.
- Blog Regularly: This was something that I actually stuck with and saw my blog grow over the year. So much so that I actually shifted to a self-hosted blog site. So, I’m proud of myself for this! And I resolve to continue with that in this year too.
- Get drunk: Umm…I’m not so sure why I put this on my list. I rarely drink. So yeah, did not happen last year and I’m pretty sure that I don’t want to get wasted this year too. I would like to consider this resolution as Null and Void. (Why did I even put this on the list!) Anyway…
- Travel: Yes Yes Yes!! This did happen a lot. I went on an amazing Europe trip and visited London, my dream city! I also had a lot of short trips in and around Mumbai. So yes… I’m pretty happy and satisfied with this one. And definitely want to continue to explore different places in 2019 too…hopefully at least one of my trips would be solo!
Well, That’s about it. That was my last year’s list. It’s too generic I know. But so are most of our New Year Resolutions. Along with the half-fulfilled tasks from last year, I plan not to make any more resolutions for this year!
What were your last year resolutions? Did you keep up with those? Tell me everything…
Wish you all a very Happy 2019!
© 2019 Ashwini Nawathe, Kaleidoscope of My Life
All Rights Reserved